La Dra. Patricia García ha recibido el premio a director novel de las ramas de ciencias, ciencias de la salud, ingeniería y arquitectura en la convocatoria 2023.
Este premio supone un reconocimiento al trabajo que el profesorado de la Universidad de Alcalá realiza por la obtención de resultados en el ámbito de la formación de investigadores
An efficient methodology to form 4-alkoxy- and 4-aryloxybenzo[d][1,2,3]triazines via an intramolecular heterocyclization of 1-azido-2-[isocyano(p-tosyl)methyl]benzenes under basic conditions has been developed. DFT calculations have been performed to further understand the mechanism of this heterocyclization, which occurs in good to excellent yields with a broad scope.
Synthesis of anticancer drug bicalutamide promoted by visible light in one step from the corresponding N-arylacrylamide is described. This approach involves a one-pot hydroxysulfonylation reaction via a photocatalytic redox process. The use of Na2Eosin Y as photocatalyst and blue light allows the access to a broad range of α-hydroxysulfonylamides bearing a quaternary center in moderate to good yields with complete regioselectivity via radical process.
A facile access to 5-aryl-3-trifluoromethylpyrazoles has been developed by a one-pot (3 + 2) cycloaddition–isomerization–oxidation sequence employing 2,2,2-trifluorodiazoethane and styryl derivatives. A broad variety of functional groups and good yields are achieved under mild conditions. Additionally, the functionalization of 3-trifluoromethylpyrazoles was studied. DFT calculations of the cycloaddition transition state energies are consistent with the experimentally observed reactivity.
El profesor Juan José Vaquero pasará en septiembre a ser Profesor Emérito, tras una dilatada y exitosa trayectoria en la UAH.
Su grupo le organizó un homenaje junto con compañeros, antiguos colaboradores y amigos.
A general method for the functionalization of 4a-aza-8a-boranaphthalene in the position β to the nitrogen atom has been developed. This method is based on a regioselective iridium-catalyzed C−H activation process for the introduction of a boronate group, which can subsequently be transformed into a variety of aryl or alkynyl groups via cross-coupling reactions. Selective mono- or difunctionalization can be achieved by controlling the reaction conditions during the borylation step. The photophysical properties of the obtained 3- or 3,6-substituted BN-naphthalenes have been evaluated, and some of them have been found to be significantly fluorescent, with fluorescence quantum yields up to 0.85.
– Póster: · Visible light as a single reagent to promote new transformations in azobenzenes
Clara Mañas, Estíbaliz Merino
– Póster: · Synthesis of 5-aryl-3-trifluoromethylpyrazoles: one-pot [3+2] cycloaddition-isomerization-oxidation Julia Altarejos, Estíbaliz Merino, David Sucunza, Juan José Vaquero, Javier Carreras
– Póster: · Synthesis of borylated polycycles by metal-free borylative cyclization of enynes
Ana Milián, Ester Sans-Panadés, Marcos Humanes, Cintia Virumbrales, Estíbaliz Merino, Roberto Sanz, Juan J. Vaquero, Manuel A. Fernández-Rodríguez, Patricia García-García
– Póster: · Ir-Catalyzed C−H Borylation of 4a,8a-Dihydro-4a-Aza-8a-Boranaphthalene Isabel Valencia, Patricia Garcia-Garcia, David Sucunza, Francisco Mendicuti, Juan J. Vaquero
XXXIX Reunión Bienal de la RSEQ
Zaragoza, 27 – 30 junio
– Póster: · Visible Light Na2Eosin Y Catalysed Hydroxysulfonylation of Acrylamides. Straightforward Access to Anticancer Drug Bicalutamide Mercedes Zurro, Sergio Torres-Oya, Estibaliz Merino*
– Póster/Flash: · BF3-promoted cascade cyclization of biaryl embedded 1,8-enynes Jaime Tostado, Juan J. Vaquero, Manuel A. Rodríguez
– Póster: · Synthesis of benzo[1.2.3]triazines by heterocyclization of TOSMIC derivatives Francisco Maqueda, David Sucunza, José Luis Aceña, Juan José Vaquero
– Póster/Flash: · Synthesis of polycyclic hydrocarbons by gold-catalyzes tandem formation of 4-, 5- and 7-membered rings L. Sánchez-Jiménez, A. Gargantiel, P. García-García, M. A. Fernández-Rodríguez
– Póster/Flash: · Towards new peptide-based compounds: synthesis of a series of novel bicyclic amino acids Álvaro González-Molina, José Luis Aceña y Juan José Vaquero
– Póster/Flash: · New photoreactivity of azobenzenes towards complex N-heterocycles Clara Mañas, Estíbaliz Merino
IX Symposium of Medicinal Chemistry Young Researchers
Santiago de Compostela, 22 junio
· Novel bicyclic amino acids as potential building blocks for new peptidomimetics Álvaro González-Molina, José Luis Aceña y Juan José Vaquero
The first example of a porous polymer containing B–N covalent bonds, prepared from a tetraphene B–N monomer and biphenyl as a comonomer, is reported. It was prepared using the solvent knitting strategy, which allows the connection between the aromatic rings of the two monomers through methylene groups provided by an external cross-linking agent. The new polymer exhibited micromeso porosity with an SBET of 612 m2/g, high thermal stability, and potential properties as a heterogeneous photocatalyst, since it is very active in the aza-Henry coupling reaction (>98% of conversion and selectivity). After the first run, the catalyst improves its photocatalytic activity, shortening the reaction time to only 2 h and maintaining this activity in successive runs. The presence of a radical in this structure that remains stable with successive runs makes it a new type of material with potential applications as a highly stable and efficient photocatalyst.